Have you used this product before? How did you like it? Click on the Riders Review tab above and let us know.
Arai Defiant-X Motorcycle Helmet, Chronus.
Arai Defiant-X motorcycle helmet is a modern street helmet with just a hint of retro styling. Picture ready for classic bikes, café, cruisers, naked bikes, scooters, and more, the Defiant-X provides world renowned Arai protection suitable for any road short of the track together with a customizable interior fit and exceptional ventilation for all day riding comfort.
The Defiant-X is designed specifically for an intermediate-oval head shape. If you love the features of the Defiant-X but it is not the correct head shape for you, check out the Arai Quantum-X helmet which is made for a round-oval head shape, or the Arai Signet-X which is made for a long-oval head shape.
- VAS Shield System — Variable Axis System shield changing mechanism was developed to enhance the shape of the shell. It is intuitive and easy to use. The shield latch is improved to better hold the shield closed and prevent unintentional opening. It also has de-mist function.
- Improved Glance-Off Ability — The smooth area around the temple of the new VAS model helmet has been increased by an average of 24mm (compared to the Corsair-V) to give it a rounder, smoother (along the Snell test line in the temple area), stronger shell and improve glance off ability. A valuable feature when riding city streets.
- PB-CLC Shell — Developed in F1 racing, Peripherally-Belted-Complex-Laminate-Construction (PB-CLC) shell technology involves the layering of many materials with proprietary adhesives for enhanced strength that allows for a larger eye port. This is further strengthened with a Super Fiber Belt that resists the widening of cracks encountered in an impact.
- Mouth and Eye-Port Ventilation — Open-close shutters are located inside the helmet enabling (or not) airflow over the mouth for a de-mist function. The internal air channels are of a similar design to Arai’s Corsair-X helmet. Exhaust ports are located on the chin bar for increased airflow and reduced fogging.
- Dual Function QVF-2 Front Air Duct — Open for free airflow into the helmet. Close to prevent air entering while still functioning as an exhaust duct pulling hot air out of the helmet.
- Rear QVR-2 Duct — Three upper rear vent holes are controlled one sliding gate. Open to pull air from the helmet interior. There are also side and neckroll exhaust ports for additional cooling.
- Anti-Microbial Interior — Anti-microbial low-acidic odor-resistant interior material helps maintain a pH level balanced with the skin.
- 5mm Peel-Aaway Cheek and Side-Temple Pads — Interior padding features Arai’s 5mm peel-away pads so you can customize the helmet’s interior width for a perfect fit and ultimate comfort.
- Fixed Chin Curtain — Blocks wind noise, controls airflow under the helmet, and is water repellent for rainy days.
- Pro Shade System Compatible — Ready, willing, and able for the optional Pro Shade System.
Double D-Ring retention system.
The Sizing Center:
SNELL-2020, DOT certified.